Become an Instructor
Hiring Now in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh
.NET / Java Bootcamp Instructor
At Tech Elevator, our instructors are accomplished software developers that have a passion for sharing their knowledge and expertise with our students. We believe that a great mentor can be the catalyst for successful transformation. As such, our instructors are at the heart of the Tech Elevator experience.
Teaching technical skills and supporting career change is challenging work, but when the students have a great experience and succeed in their transformation the work is both meaningful and personally rewarding. You will have the rare opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of your students.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are comfortable and confident guiding students through structured lesson plans while sometimes needing to diverge from the lecture track to give real world examples based on your own experiences.
- You are honest and open with your students and display a genuine desire to help them learn and grow. You have the emotional intelligence to recognize when a student might be struggling. With empathy and patience you can offer support and motivation to support student development. At the same time you are able to keep your highest performing students engaged with additional challenges.
- You are capable of translating your own career experiences into advice for aspiring developers. As the primary point of contact with your students, your understanding of their strengths and preferences will help maximize their access to Tech Elevator’s career resources.
In addition, we expect the following from our instructors:
- You are willing to research and explore best practices in teaching and are able to contribute to the ongoing evolution of a comprehensive curriculum, with supporting exercises to produce valuable junior developers who can add value to a team from day one.
- You are comfortable networking; identifying, recruiting and training a stable of like minded and dedicated instructors to ensure the quality expansion of our program.
- You will embrace the opportunity to play a leadership role in the local software community, speak publicly and position Tech Elevator as the premier resource for the region's tech talent.
Prior experience with training/instruction is a plus, but not required. If you are passionate about developing others and have a track record of mentoring, we will support you to become a great teacher.
Who We Are
Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time coding bootcamps, we teach students from diverse backgrounds to become software developers while also helping them to build necessary career-readiness skills and career connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
Founded in 2015, with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes. As an early member of the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (www.cirr.org), Tech Elevator has taken a proactive approach to transparency. Our results speak to our focus on quality and on student success and have earned us the #1 ranking for job placement of any bootcamp the country.
If you think you're a good fit, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Instructor in the subject line.