Top 25 Interview Questions
Plus 5 Questions You Should be Asking
Suit on, hair brushed. You look good. You feel good. Now you have to sound good.
Interviewing is much more than what you say, but being articulate and confident in your responses will increase your chances of landing the job. Use this interview question list to fully prepare answers for the following popular questions to put your best foot forward.
You’ve got this.
CULTURE & PERSONALITY QUESTIONS
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you ready to make a change from your current role?
- What is your top strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What motivates you?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- What is your greatest professional achievement?
- What’s your ideal work environment?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me about a time you faced adversity and how you overcame it.
- Can you give me an example of something you taught yourself?
- What is something someone else has taught you about yourself?
- What is an example of a time you experienced a challenging situation at work?
- How do you handle pressure or stress?
- Tell me about a time that you made a mistake. How did you handle that situation?
- What is an example of a goal you set for yourself and achieved?
- Tell me about a time when you had to have a difficult conversation with someone.
- Tell me about a time when you worked in a team/group and a conflict or challenge occurred. What happened and how did you handle that situation?
- What do you do if you disagree with someone at work?
KNOWING THE COMPANY
- What interested you in this role? Why do you think you’re a fit?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What do you know about our company?
- Our mission is [their mission statement]. How does that resonate with you or what attracts you to that mission?
- What questions do you have for me?
WHAT TO ASK THE INTERVIEWER
- What do you like best about working here?
- I saw on your website/your social media that you do a lot of philanthropic work with [insert organization name], can you tell me more about how I could get involved if I was hired?
- I am passionate about continuous improvement. Are there opportunities for advancement or professional development?
- Could you tell me what a day in this role would look like?
- Is there anything that concerns you about my background being a fit for this role?